Skip to main content

Popular post Episode 22

*WHEN YOU WHERE THERE*
Episode 22
... She sat down and Felix sat beside her, facing her and wrapping his legs on the coach like a baby.

     Mona took Felix's both hands and without any information, she started praying;

   Lord, be the center of this union in Jesus name.

  And Felix didn't even close his eyes.

   Amen!!!
Felix said laughing.

   How many kids do you want?
Felix asked without even thinking.

   Are you for real?
Mona asked, smiling and shaking her head.

  Now what I wanted to tell you, Mona said, turning a serious face.

 Yes dearie, Felix said, paying undivided attention.

   I hope you'll still feel this way for me after hearing this.
Mona said, looking straight into his eyes.

  I will even feel more.
Felix said, removing imaginary dirt from her head.

    Mona breath down.
I was a student of Uniben, studying law.

   Everything was working well for me academically, spiritually and socially, until that dreadful day.
Mona said and sighed.

   My nightmare,
The day I was sexually abused.
Mona said and continued immediately trying not to break.

  I still don't know how it happened, but I woke up in my room that Saturday morning, only to realize that my hymen was broken,
Blood all over my private part,
Severe pain in my body and semen all over me.

   Felix could not believe what he was hearing but he tried to be composed without interrupting Mona.

   He held her hands tight and squeezed them.

     Mona paused and continued after using her handkerchief to tap her eyes, preventing tears from falling out.

   Meanwhile, my roommate traveled and I told no one about it because I was too ashamed to mention it to anyone.

   The only person I was supposed to share this with, wasn't available at that moment.

  Then I missed my period and before I discover that I was pregnant, it was already news among my fellowship members and in campus.

  I can't tell you all I went through. Mona said as hot tears began rolling down her chin.

   I thought that was all that could happen to me, but then I never knew a shocker was about to hit me.
Mona said and Felix helped her wipe the flowing tears.

  You remember that my friend I spoke about earlier??
The one I said wasn't available when I needed him??
Mona asked Felix, looking up at him

   Felix just nodded, paying rapt attention.

  Still no news about him, after several failed attempt to see him and tell him all that happened to me, hoping he would believe my story.

    But when I eventually get to meet with him, he hit me with the biggest news in life's history.

   All along, I had thought he was a believer, but then I found out that he was not.
 He was only pretending for whatever reason.
Mona said, laughing scornfully.

   Ahg!
I couldn't bear it because I thought I could talk to him but now....
Mona said and paused.

   That was how I ran to the village.
Mona said and stopped talking.
As tears still rolled down her chin.

    Felix helped her clean her chin and intelligently asked;

   That your friend, did he tell you why he pretended to be saved?

  Mona shock her head and blew her nose with the handkerchief she was holding.

   No,
Though he was going to say something more before I left.
Mona said.

  Felix, I don't know the father of my baby.
Mona said and bursted into tears.

   Felix drew her close and hugged her, holding her tightly in his arms.

   Felix seems to be more interested in another part of the story.


  Why did that her friend pretend to be saved??
He thought.

   Mona was still sobbing in Felix's arms as Felix cuddle her, trying to console her.

   Thank God you are fine now.
Felix said.

  And here now, and I'll be the father of your baby.
He added and kissed her on her forehead.

   But how did you get to know that he was never saved?
Felix inquired as Mona got out of his arms.


    He told me,
He said he was now truly saved.
But all along, he was faking.
Mona said calmly.

And did he tell you why he was pretending to be saved??
Felix asked, looking surprise.

   I couldn't wait to hear it.
Mona said and wiped her face.

  But you said he was going to say more,?
Felix pushed, looking straight at her lips to hear the next word.

   Yea, Mona nodded.

  Well,
I think you should have listened to him, maybe that would have helped the situation.
Felix said to Mona who was still cleaning her face.


    And you weren't able to tell him about the rape?
Felix asked.

   No,
Mona said, shaking her head.

   I left his place and came straight to the village without picking anything.

  Do you have his contact?
And have you heard from him since then??
Felix forwarded.

   No,
I changed my line immediately I got home.
Mona replied, looking at Felix and wondering why the many questions about the guy.

   Felix noticed he was already asking too many questions.

Come here,
He said, drawing her back to him.
He hugged her without her consent.

   I love you.
He whispered to her ears.

Mona giggled.

   Never again will I allow any man to molest you, and here for you now, to stay stay forever, in earth's time.
Felix added and laughed.

  Mona laughed too and got off his embrace.

   Do you still wanna marry a woman who was sexually abused, and lost her virginity to someone she don't know?

   A woman with a child without the father??
Mona asked Felix starring at his eye balls.

  No,
Felix said, shaking his head.

   I can't marry the woman you just described.
Felix said and paused.

   Mona was starring at him confused.

   Am marrying a woman who is now a new creation in Christ.

  She have no past, only present and a future with me.
Felix said and smiled.

   Am in love with a brave woman, a woman who despite all that she's been through can still make the devil cry.
Felix said and giggled.

 
   Mona giggled too, smiling.

  You are the best Mona. Felix said, looking straight into her eyes.

   I love you.
Mona replied, smiling.

   Now let's talk about your next plan for life; I want you to go back to school.
Felix said.

   Tell me about yourself and your family.
Mona diverted.

..... To be continued.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De-starching the Leaves of a Plant

De-starching the Leaves of a Plant 'De-starch (or Destarch) the leaves of a potted plant' is one of the preliminary steps in a  photosynthesis experiment . Biology students often ask the following questions about de-starching. What is  the definition of de-starching? Why it is necessary to de-starch the leaves of a plant before conducting photosynthesis experiments? What happens to the starch stores when the potted plant is deprived of light or carbon dioxide? How to de-starch the leaves of a plant? What is the definition of de-starching? De-starching is the process by which the starch reserves in a plant are depleted by depriving the plant of either light or carbon dioxide.  Why is it necessary to de-starch the leaves of a plant before conducting photosynthesis experiments? We test for the presence  of starch  in leaves in order to determine that photosynthesis has occurred. Glucose -  the product of photosynthe

Ethanol Emulsion Test for Fats and Oils

Ethanol Emulsion Test for Fats and Oils The  Ethanol Emulsion Test  is a  food test  which determines the presence of a broad group of naturally occurring compounds known as  lipids . Lipids consist of  fats  and  oils . Other lipid tests include the  Grease Spot Test  and the  Sudan Stain Test . The Grease spot test is performed on fats - lipids which are solid at room temperature. Sudan stain colours lipids red, but is a less common bench reagent than ethanol. The Ethanol Emulsion Test is the most common test amongst the three. Procedure Solid sample  Crush  the food sample and place in a dry test tube. Add ethanol  to about 2 cm3 above the level of the sample and shake thoroughly. Allow the solid to  settle  (about 3 min) to allow the lipid to be extracted. Decant  the ethanol into another test tube. Add 2 cm3 of  deionized water  to the second test tube Make observations. Liquid sample Add a  few drops  of the liquid food sample to a dry te

CAPSTONE LEARNING BIOLOGY BOOK 1

 Capstone Learning Biology Book 1  Udo, K. W ( Raphael)  PGDE  ( Uniuyo)  HND  ( Microbiology)  C Capstone Learning  First Published 2018 by :  Jehub Publishers, Inc. ( Ubprint)  52 AfahaEket Road, Eket  ISBN: 978-9978-8509-4-7 Copyright information : The copyright of this book belongs to Raphael  Udo (Kufre ).  The Copyright of this book is strictly prohibited. Anyone found in breach of the copyright without permission will be prosecuted.  Dedication  This book is dedicated to Almighty God, the giver of wisdom and to my lovely wife Sarah  Raphael Udo.    Preface  The purpose of this book is to provide a brief summary and a standard textbook for Biology students in senior secondary schools.  Again, to guide learners  to revise successfully and to receive adequate  knowledge in  Biology . In  all the chapters of the book, basic concepts are clearly presented in a simple and readable way .  The book Capstone Learning  stands out as an instructional tool for all learners.  This book gives