Skip to main content

Follow up The Popular post :EPISODE 25

**WHEN YOU WHERE THERE**
Episode 25.
    She went straight into her room and sat on the floor, gazing at the pictures on the wall.

   Her grandma entered without knocking and sat beside her.

    Mummy,
Her grandmother called her.

   Do you know why I often call you my mummy?

   Because you mother was my only surviving child before she died, and you too, her only child.

   Now you are my only grandchild,
And each time I look at you, I see my mother, your great grandmother in you.

   Hmmm... She was really a very strong women.

    My father left her to cater for us, and she gave us all we ever needed.

   She never let anything pull her down,

   She saw through every problem and came out strong.

   That's where I and your late mother got our strength from.

   You are our offspring and I see a strong woman in you,
She said to Mona who is fast asleep with her head resting on her shoulder.

    Grandma quietly lay her down to sleep and went Into her room.

   On her knees she prayed;
  Sweet Jesus, please help my baby pull through this, and grant me the wisdom to help her strengthen.
In Jesus name.

And she laid down to sleep.

   Its 5:am and it was time for the morning devotion.

   After the morning prayer, grandma called Mona to her room.

   You came in since yesterday,
Grandma started with.

   What brought you home so impromptu? She asked.

   Mama, am sorry.
I know I have disappointed you and failed heaven,
Mona said, going down on her knees.

   Grandma sat patiently, listening.

   Mama, am tired of long speeches,
Am pregnant!
Mona said with head bowed.

 Mona was silent, expecting a reaction from her grandma who was still listening.

There was a few minutes silence and grandma broke the silence.

   Go on my dear,
Am listening.
Grandma said, holding her hands tight.

    Mama am through,
Mona said, looking up to her.

    No you are not!
Grandma objected.

   Pregnancy don't fly in the air you know.
Grandma pointed.

    That's the problem mama,
Mona screamed.

I was molested!
I was sexually abused!
Mama I was raped!
Mona cried out.

Oh! My poor baby,
Grand-Ma exclaimed,
as they both cried as grandma pats Mona who was still kneeling, on her back.

 Stop crying Jewel,
God does not sleep,
Who ever has done this, must surely be rewarded with worst measure! She consoled Mona as they both wept.

  Baby why didn't you  tell me?

   Did you report to the police?

How did it happened?
Grandma asked.

  Mama, its still a mystery to me,
I just woke up wet,
With severe pains in my genital organ,
bleeding from my body,
Mona sobs.

  Same night I lost my virginity, my worst night mare.
Mona gaps for breath.

What??
Who did you tell?
Grandma asked.

   No one ma,
I was so ashamed to tell anyone,
Mona explained.

Ah!
No!
You need to see a doctor,
Since when did this happen? Grandma wept.

 About a month ago ma.
Mona answered.

And you kept it away from everyone??
Including me??
Grandma quarried.

Am sorry mama,
Mona pleaded.

Go and have your bath,
After breakfast, we are going to the hospital for checkups.
You need to see a psychologist and a counsellor too,
Grandma ordered.

  Mama, no please!
I don't want this to be in the public,
Mona begged.

   I'll spank your bombom if you ever argue with me again,
this your secret life has taken us no where,
She said and wiped Mona's face.

   Grandma was a great support to Mona.

  All tests were conducted, including HIV test, and Mona was confirmed fine and the fetus growing well.

1week later, grandma called Mona.

   Mummy, what's your plan for school?
Aren't you going back to study?
Grandma asked.

No ma!
Mona quickly responded.

No? Grandma asked, looking surprise.

Mama I can't!
Mona replied.

You can't or you won't?
Grandma argued.

Whichever mama!
For now, no school,
Until further notice.
I can't face the shame.
Mona said and walked away.

Baby,
What about your dream? To be a lawyer.
Grand-Ma persuaded.

Well, I had a night mare while dreaming mama, so I decided to wake up.
Mona answered from her room.

   Grandma followed her to her room.

  OK, Jewel, at least, go back and bring your things home.
Grandma tried to insist.

   She was scared of pushing it further because of what Mona has been through.

   Mama please!
At least you know they are mine, so leave them there.
Mona rudely replied.

  Mama everything about school reminds me of all that I am in now, and am trying to move on, like the counsellor advised?
Mona sarcastically said, and lay down.

   Grandma quited but became so worried about Mona.
.....To be continued.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

De-starching the Leaves of a Plant

De-starching the Leaves of a Plant 'De-starch (or Destarch) the leaves of a potted plant' is one of the preliminary steps in a  photosynthesis experiment . Biology students often ask the following questions about de-starching. What is  the definition of de-starching? Why it is necessary to de-starch the leaves of a plant before conducting photosynthesis experiments? What happens to the starch stores when the potted plant is deprived of light or carbon dioxide? How to de-starch the leaves of a plant? What is the definition of de-starching? De-starching is the process by which the starch reserves in a plant are depleted by depriving the plant of either light or carbon dioxide.  Why is it necessary to de-starch the leaves of a plant before conducting photosynthesis experiments? We test for the presence  of starch  in leaves in order to determine that photosynthesis has occurred. Glucose -  the product of photosynthe

Ethanol Emulsion Test for Fats and Oils

Ethanol Emulsion Test for Fats and Oils The  Ethanol Emulsion Test  is a  food test  which determines the presence of a broad group of naturally occurring compounds known as  lipids . Lipids consist of  fats  and  oils . Other lipid tests include the  Grease Spot Test  and the  Sudan Stain Test . The Grease spot test is performed on fats - lipids which are solid at room temperature. Sudan stain colours lipids red, but is a less common bench reagent than ethanol. The Ethanol Emulsion Test is the most common test amongst the three. Procedure Solid sample  Crush  the food sample and place in a dry test tube. Add ethanol  to about 2 cm3 above the level of the sample and shake thoroughly. Allow the solid to  settle  (about 3 min) to allow the lipid to be extracted. Decant  the ethanol into another test tube. Add 2 cm3 of  deionized water  to the second test tube Make observations. Liquid sample Add a  few drops  of the liquid food sample to a dry te

CAPSTONE LEARNING BIOLOGY BOOK 1

 Capstone Learning Biology Book 1  Udo, K. W ( Raphael)  PGDE  ( Uniuyo)  HND  ( Microbiology)  C Capstone Learning  First Published 2018 by :  Jehub Publishers, Inc. ( Ubprint)  52 AfahaEket Road, Eket  ISBN: 978-9978-8509-4-7 Copyright information : The copyright of this book belongs to Raphael  Udo (Kufre ).  The Copyright of this book is strictly prohibited. Anyone found in breach of the copyright without permission will be prosecuted.  Dedication  This book is dedicated to Almighty God, the giver of wisdom and to my lovely wife Sarah  Raphael Udo.    Preface  The purpose of this book is to provide a brief summary and a standard textbook for Biology students in senior secondary schools.  Again, to guide learners  to revise successfully and to receive adequate  knowledge in  Biology . In  all the chapters of the book, basic concepts are clearly presented in a simple and readable way .  The book Capstone Learning  stands out as an instructional tool for all learners.  This book gives